Stunning mountain vistas, plentiful nature and outdoor recreation, nearby wineries, and fun, friendly people typify the lifestyle in and around beautiful Blue Ridge, Georgia. Once best known for railroads, gold mines, and the infamous, Prohibition-era moonshine runners who zipped through en route to Atlanta, Fannin County is today recognized as the Trout Fishing Capital of Georgia. And with its charming downtown area, eclectic arts and dining, and the sparkling waters of Lake Blue Ridge, the area ranks among the nation’s very best small mountain towns for retirement.
To experience the tranquil beauty of the region, hop aboard the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway, which offers amazing, seasonal views of the forests, rivers and streams and even waterfalls that are present in this area. There are more than 300 miles of hiking and biking trails to choose from, in addition to the 100 or more boutiques, galleries and dining destinations that adorn Main Street.
Any resident or visitor can attest that the scenery alone is enough reason to want to live here, but there’s all the more incentive when you consider that the Blue Ridge area offers superb options to satisfy every mood. So whether looking for outdoor adventure or just a leisurely afternoon in the company of good friends and neighbors, choose Blue Ridge for a satisfying lifestyle that truly has it all.
AREA LANDMARKS & POINTS OF INTEREST INCLUDE:
Arts & Entertainment
- Blue Ridge Community Theater (1.0 mile)
- Swan Drive In (1.1 miles)
- Blue Ridge Mountain Arts Center (1.5 miles)
- Blue Ridge Adventure Park (0.4 miles)
- Huck’s Lost Mine (0.7 miles)
- Mercier Orchards (3.7 miles)
- Lake Blue Ridge Marina (4.5 miles)
- Old Toccoa Farms Golf Course (7.4 miles)
Shopping & Dining
- North Georgia Farmers Market (0.6 miles)
- Black Sheep Restaurant (1.4 miles)
- Fannin Brewing Company (2.1 miles)
- Walmart Supercenter (2.5 miles)
- Food Lion (2.7 miles)
- Carroll’s Barbeque (3.3 miles)
- Fannin Regional Hospital (7.1 miles)
Transportation & Public Transit