Effective Date: December 2022
PLEASE READ THE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROVISION BELOW BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE CERTAIN DISPUTES AND CLAIMS WITH THE COMPANY AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM US.
The Sites are not intended for the use of children under 18. By using the Site(s), you are representing that you are at least 18 years old and of legal age to enter into legal agreements.
Privacy and Data Security
Unless otherwise noted, all text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such Content, contained on the Sites is owned, controlled or licensed by or to the Company and is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights.
User Submissions, Feedback and Information
Your provision of a Submission constitutes a warranty and indemnity that you have sufficient license and/or other rights in the content to allow all desired use by the Company. You consent, for yourself and on behalf of any other person or child whose information or likeness you submit to the Company, to the use by the Company of the information and that it is submitted in compliance with all applicable laws. You are responsible for any Submission you provide and for any consequences arising therefrom.
Your Use of the Site(s)
In connection with your use of the Site(s), you agree that you will not:
- post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any material that: (a) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (b) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (c) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (d) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (e) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (f) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (g) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- interfere with or damage the Site(s), including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology;
- use the Site(s) to transmit, distribute, post or submit any information concerning any other person or entity;
- violate any local, state, provincial, national, or other law or regulation, or any order of a court;
- “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in the Site(s);
- display, mirror or frame the Site(s), or any individual element within the Site(s), the Company’s name, any trademark, logo or other proprietary information of the Company, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without the Company’s express written consent;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site(s), our computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of the Company’s providers;
- attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Company system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by the Company or any of the Company’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Site(s) or any of the content on the Site(s);
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site(s); or
- advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
Any conduct by a user that in our discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Site(s) is expressly prohibited.
The Company reserves the right, at any time, without notice: (1) to modify, suspend or terminate operation of or access to the Site(s), or any portion of the Site(s), for any reason; (2) to modify or change any applicable policies or terms; and (3) to interrupt the operation of the Site(s), or any portion of the Site(s), as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, error correction, or other changes.
We do not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Sites and will remove any such content if properly notified that such content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright’s interest;
- description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- description of the material that you claim is infringing and where it is located on the Site(s);
- identification of the URL or other specific location on the Site(s) where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
You can contact our Copyright Agent via email at DigitalSupport@DiscoveryMGT.com or by mail at Copyright Agent, c/o Discovery Senior Living, 3461 Bonita Bay Blvd #100, Bonita Springs, FL 34134.
Upon receipt of such notice, we will investigate and remove material if necessary. You will be notified of the results of such investigation
Links to Other Sites
The Site(s) may contain links to other independent third-party websites (“Linked Sites”). These Linked Sites are provided solely as a convenience to our visitors. Such Linked Sites are not under the Company’s control, and the Company is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of such Linked Sites, including any information or materials contained on such Linked Sites.
Disclaimer; Limitation of Liability
THE SITES AND ALL CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH THE SITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE.” ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
The above disclaimer applies to any damages, liability or injuries, whether for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR AS MAY BE OTHERWISE AGREED IN A SEPARATE AGREEMENT WITH THE COMPANY, IN NO EVENT AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, WILL THE COMPANY PARTIES OR THE COMPANY’S THIRD PARTY VENDORS, LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF THE COMPANY PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES.
BY ACCESSING THE SITE(S), YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED. ACCORDINGLY, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE THE BENEFIT OF ANY LAW, INCLUDING, TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE, CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, THAT OTHERWISE MIGHT LIMIT YOUR WAIVER OF SUCH CLAIMS.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so these limitations may not apply to you.
You agree that all matters relating to your access to or use of the Site(s) and our products and services, including all disputes, will be governed by the laws of the United States and by the laws of the State of Florida excluding: (1) its conflicts of law principles; and (2) the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE CERTAIN DISPUTES AND CLAIMS WITH THE COMPANY AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM US.
No Class Arbitrations, Class Actions or Representative Actions. Any Dispute will be resolved solely through individual arbitration and will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action or any other type of representative proceeding. There will be no class arbitration or arbitration in which an individual attempts to resolve a Dispute as a representative of another individual or group of individuals. Further, a Dispute cannot be brought as a class or other type of representative action, whether within or outside of arbitration, or on behalf of any other individual or group of individuals.
Location. The location of the arbitration shall be in Bonita Springs, FL.
Authority of Arbitrator(s). As limited by the AAA Rules and these Terms, the arbitrator(s) will have (i) the exclusive authority and jurisdiction to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding a Dispute, including the determination of whether a Dispute is arbitrable, and (ii) the authority to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court; provided, however, that the arbitrator(s) do not have the authority to conduct a class arbitration or a representative action, which is prohibited by these Terms, or to award punitive damages or any other damages that are not compensatory. The arbitrator(s) may only conduct an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual.
Time Limit for Claims. Any claim under these Terms must be brought within one (1) year after the cause of action arises, or such claim or cause of action is barred. You agree to the admissibility of computer records and electronic evidence in any dispute herein.
Severability of Dispute Resolution; Arbitration. In the event the provisions in this Dispute Resolution Section are held invalid or unenforceable, then this Dispute Resolution Section, in its entirety, will cease to apply, and the parties will not be obligated to arbitrate any Disputes.
Users Outside of the United States
The Company and the Sites are operated in the United States. Although the Sites are accessible worldwide, not all features, content or services discussed, referenced, provided or offered through or on the Sites are available to all persons or in all geographic locations, or appropriate or available for use outside the United States. If you choose to access the Site(s) from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and you are solely responsible for complying with applicable local laws.
Questions and Contact Information
Discovery Senior Living is located at:
3461 Bonita Bay Blvd #100
Bonita Springs, FL 34134
Phone: (855) 542-7743