Want to move to a senior living community but are afraid that your pets aren’t allowed? Here at Blue Ridge, you would have no such worries as pets are welcome and even highly encouraged! As a pet friendly community, our community is designed for easier pet integration and to provide a safe and secure living environment for both loved ones and their pets.
About Our Pet Friendly Community
We understand that owning pets come with many physical, emotional, and mental health benefits for loved ones. As such, we actively encourage our residents to bring along their pets or consider owning one while living in our senior living community. From large, open landscapes to comfortable walking trails, Blue Ridge has ample spaces where pets can run around freely and bond with their residents. They’re also free to make friends with other pets through our wide range of activities and events. If you or your loved ones are worried about the potential of pets running away, no fret, as our community is gated 24/7.
While we do accept most pets into our community, do understand that we also wish to maintain peace and serenity in the neighborhood, as well as among residents. Therefore, exotic pets and pets that are not properly trained are not accepted. Before your loved ones officially move in, we’ll review the pets on a case-by-case basis to ensure they are not loud or aggressive.
Benefits of Having a Pet Friendly Community in Your Senior Living Community
Owning a pet comes with many benefits, which include the following:
- Pets provide companionship for loved ones, which decreases the risk of loneliness and social isolation.
- Pets provide an outlet to relieve stress and anxiety, as it has been scientifically proven that playing with pets increases the production of serotonin, the hormone that makes us feel happy.
- Owning pets promote a healthier lifestyle, as your loved ones have more opportunities to take walks and head outdoors. Thus, improving loved ones’ physical health at the same time.
- Pets also provide a sense of purpose for loved ones by ensuring a daily routine.
- Other health benefits of owning pets include lowering blood pressure and decreasing levels of cholesterol.
When Should You Consider Moving into a Senior Living Community?
During retirement years, your loved ones may find themselves increasingly isolated due to the loss of friends or their significant other over the years and a lack of purpose in their lives. If this is the case for your loved ones, then it’s a good idea for them to move into a senior living community. At Blue Ridge, each day is filled with exciting activities and events, which provide a great opportunity for loved ones to socialize and form new friendships. Residents are also encouraged to mingle around during meal times at our Sensations Dining restaurant. As such, your loved ones no longer have to worry about feeling socially isolated and lonely while residing at Blue Ridge.
Why Choose Blue Ridge Assisted Living and Memory Care?
There are many recreational parks in and around Blue Ridge that your loved ones can head to with their pets. If your loved ones are particularly active and enjoy being outdoors with their furry friends, they’ll be right at home in Blue Ridge.