At Blue Ridge, we’re proud to offer our SHINE® Memory Care program, whose curriculum has received a national Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. One of only eight nationally recognized programs, SHINE® is a uniquely personalized approach to memory care that uses scientific principles to promote engagement, comprehension, and lifestyle quality for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related issues. We understand the challenges people with cognitive impairment face. In our memory care neighborhood, you’ll find experienced team members who provide comprehensive, compassionate care.
See the difference our memory care program can make. Contact the Blue Ridge team at 844.590.0514 today to schedule a tour and learn more.
What Is a Memory Care Community?
Seniors with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease need specialized care. This care should be personalized to their unique situation. In memory care programs, residents receive supervised care, assistance with daily living and medical monitoring. And in many cases, trained team members provide purpose-driven activities to help residents enjoy each day. At Blue Ridge, we know that individuals with memory-related issues have varying needs. For this reason, we prioritize personalized care and a journey of discovery in everything we do. Our nurses, certified nurse assistants and other trained team members chart courses of exploration for our residents that touch on important aspects of life. In our memory care program, your loved one will be able to rebuild and preserve all-important daily lifestyle quality. And you can have peace of mind knowing that your loved ones are in good hands and receiving exceptional care.
Our exclusive SHINE® Memory Care program emphasizes:
- Communication – A superior communication protocol closely links care providers, residents and families
- Team Member Training – Each SHINE® team member receives extensive, specialized training and certification, making them uniquely qualified to administer exceptional care
- My Story – A handcrafted My Story book is used every day as a component of the care plan, and helps engage residents by celebrating their life and individuality
- Dining – Our dining experience uses subtle sciences to stimulate appetite, interaction, awareness and participation
- Life Enhancement – Purpose-driven enrichment through group and one-on-one activities, sensory experiences and quiet and relaxed moments
- Neighborhood Design – Created with safety and security, convenience and health and happiness in mind
The SHINE® Memory Care Program
Our exclusive memory care program is all about discovery.
Discover Independence, Confidence and Self-Esteem
- Celebrate each small success one at a time
- Encourage active participation in all activities of daily living
- Focus on strengths rather than limitations
- Promote physical exercise, stimulating mental activity and maintaining social and religious contacts
Discover Dining Delights
- Provide nutrient-dense meals to promote overall good health
- Encourage active participation in dining with assistance provided as needed
- Serve meals in a calm and quiet environment at the same time each day, allowing residents to focus on eating
- Provide “Food on the Run” for residents who are no longer able to focus on mealtime or frequently wander
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Provide purpose-driven activities in small groups or on a one-to-one basis
- Gear activities to residents’ present abilities and time of day
- Provide activities that are noncompetitive, failure-free and age-appropriate
- Plan activities that match residents’ attention span
Discover Friendships and Belonging
- Provide active participation and support in personal care activities to maintain a maximum sense of control and independence
- Promote personal care activities because they define how a person is perceived by their peers, family and friends
- Encourage work/productive activities to provide a sense of personal success and worth
- Provide play/leisure activity to promote friendships and pleasure
Contact Us at Blue Ridge
For more information on our memory care program, please contact us. It would be our pleasure to speak with you about your loved one’s personal senior living needs.
Reach out to the Blue Ridge team at 844.590.0514 to learn more. Our SHINE® Memory Care program offers both value and comfort to residents and peace of mind to their families.