Our SHINE® Memory Care program curriculum has earned a National Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. The distinction is one that we share with a small and elite group of U.S. memory care providers. SHINE® uses an exclusive approach to personalized memory care that promotes comprehension, engagement and lifestyle quality for your loved ones living with memory-related issues through the utilization of scientific principles. We understand that individuals with cognitive impairment face many challenges every day and that is why in our memory care neighborhood, there will always be experienced professionals ready to provide compassionate and comprehensive care. To find out more about the difference that our memory care program has made in the lives of our residents, Contact the Blue Ridge team at 706.309.5621 for more information today or to schedule a tour and learn more.
What Is a Memory Care Community?
Your loved ones advancing in age need specialized care, those with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia will require it even more. Their care should always be customized to their individual preferences and unique situation. In memory care programs, residents will receive assistance with daily living, supervised care, and medical monitoring. This is in addition to having warm and friendly professionals who are trained to provide purpose-driven activities to engage residents every day. At Blue Ridge, we understand that people with memory-related issues have different needs and that is why we prioritize personalized care so that every resident will have a journey of discovery with everything that we offer them. Our certified nurses, nurse assistants and other well-trained staff will chart courses of exploration for the individuals in our community that explore all the important aspects of life. This ensures that in our memory care program, you or your loved one will be able to preserve and even rebuild their quality of everyday life with our exceptional care.
Our exclusive SHINE® Memory Care program emphasizes:
- Communication – A communication protocol that closely links families, residents, and care providers
- Team Member Training – Each SHINE® team member receives specialized training and intensive certification, making them exceptionally qualified to administer personalized care
- My Story– Every resident will have a unique handmade My Story book that will be used daily as a central part of the care plan. This helps engage residents by celebrating their individuality and life experiences
- Life Enhancement – Purpose-driven enrichment through one-on-one and group sensory experiences, activities, and quiet and relaxed moments
- Dining – Our dining experience stimulate interaction, appetite, participation, and awareness by using scientific principles
- Neighborhood Design – Created with safety and security, health, happiness, and convenience in mind
The SHINE® Memory Care Program
Discover is the foundation on which we have built this memory care program.
Discover Dining Delights
- Serve meals in a quiet and calm environment at fixed timings every day, allowing residents to concentrate on eating
- Provide nutritious meals to ensure good health
- Provide “Food on the Run” for residents who are unable to sit still or cannot focus on their meals
- Encourage active participation in dining and assistance as needed
Discover Independence, Confidence and Self-Esteem
- Encourage active participation in all daily living activities
- Celebrate each and every small success
- Promote physical exercise, maintaining social and religious contacts and stimulating mental activity
- Focus on strengths rather than limitations
Discover Friendships and Belonging
- Promote personalized care activities because they are the foundation of how a person is viewed by their family, peers, and friends
- Provide support and encourage active participation in personal care activities to maintain a maximum sense of independence and control
- Provide leisure/play activity to promote pleasure and friendships
- Encourage productive/work activities to provide a sense of worth and personal success
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Gear activities to residents’ time of day and current capabilities
- Provide purpose-driven programs on a one-to-one basis or group basis as needed
- Plan activities that match residents’ unique attention span
- Provide activities that are failure-free, noncompetitive, and age-appropriate
Contact Us at Blue Ridge
To find out more about how our SHINE® Memory Care program can offer both comfort and value to residents and peace of mind to their loved ones, please contact us at 706.309.5621 to learn more. Our friendly team will be able to give you more information about our program as well as give advice on the best option for meet your loved one’s personal senior living needs.